This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required to administer analgesics to provide pain management as part of a medically supervised first responder organisation. Personnel from emergency services, volunteer organisations or organisations that provide a medically supervised first aid service often require this unit.
It includes identifying the need for analgesia; accessing, preparing and administering restricted pain relief such as aspirin, ibuprofen, paracetamol, methoxyflurane (commonly referred to as the "green whistle") and Entonox to medically endorsed protocols; performing casualty handovers and completing analgesic use requirements including a Drug Register.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
An individual undertaking this course with Allens Training Pty Ltd will need to demonstrate the following to be eligible for entry:
- Hold the pre-requisite unit HLTAD011 Provide First Aid
- Physical capability to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration skills
- Online study options: students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
This certificate does not require renewal
- two (2) pain management and handover to paramedics ( aspirin, paracetamol or Ibuprofen option and a methoxyflurane or Entonox option)
- Drug register log
- First aid incident report form
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.